Your Guide to Wheel Installation
All wheels sold by Tire Rack are shipped with all the necessary lug and ring hardware.
*It's important they be used for installation.
Then, rest assured that we've done our research to ensure installation is trouble-free. We get to know a vehicle and its wheels inside and out. This attention to detail prevents vibration, wheel/tire interference and unbalanced handling that can result from improperly designed packages. A wheel (or tire) from Tire Rack for your customer's vehicle will be an exact fitment!**
Follow these recommendations to ensure installation goes smoothly:
- Inspect product for any damage and, for your customer, communicate any issues to Tire Rack before installing.
- Review wheel/tire sizes before installing to ensure proper fitment if not shipped as a package.
- Check for staggered sizes before beginning. Were specific front/rear wheels sent?
- Check tire positions and make sure directional tires are installed in the right corners.
- Thread all nuts or bolts by hand first to avoid cross-threading.
- Set wheel lug torque to the recommended specification per vehicle using the proper crisscross pattern.
- Wipe away any tire lube on the wheel after installation.
*When O.E. hardware should be used for installation it is noted on the invoice included with your customer's order.
**Modified vehicles may require further review if the modifications are unknown to Tire Rack when wheels are sold.