Alloy vs. Steel Wheels in Winter Tire & Wheel Packages(Lea en español)
When creating a Winter Tire & Wheel Package you can choose either an aftermarket alloy wheel or a steel wheel for your vehicle.
Use the descriptions below to help determine the best choice for you.
- Enhance the look of your vehicle
- Are manufactured to precise standards to meet exact fitment and performance needs
- Weigh less than steel wheels and have superior strength
- May be the preferred option for your vehicle based on fitment requirements
- Will allow for better brake clearance (depending on wheel style and brake components installed)
- Require proper maintenance as finish damage may result in the harshest winter climates where salt and sand are routinely used
- Meet the basic needs of drivers who want the convenience of a winter tire package without the additional cost of an alloy wheel
- Typically available in black or silver finish depending on the application
- Basic styling can often be updated with wheel covers
- Cost less than alloy wheels due to ease of manufacturing and lower material costs