A road hazard occurs.
We all do a lot of driving. There are potholes everywhere, debris on the roads and plenty of obstacles to avoid. Properly maintained tires can generally handle the bumps and scrapes but inevitably one unforseen road hazard can leave you with a tire in need of repair or replacement.
Tire Rack supports the tire manufacturers' warranties for all of the tire brands that we sell. Those warranties apply to tires that become unusable for any reason within the tire manufacturer's control, typically covering materials and workmanship. However, these warranties do not apply to causes and conditions beyond the tire manufacturer's control, such as road hazards. Because of this, many drivers desire the additional security and peace of mind that a Tire Road Hazard Service Program provides.
Road hazard damage is damage that occurs when a tire fails as a result of a puncture, bruise or break incurred during the course of normal driving on a maintained road. Nails, glass and potholes are the most common examples of road hazards.
With Tire Rack's Tire Road Hazard Service Program, your tire repair or replacement is reimbursed (to the extent and subject to the conditions, provided in the Program Certificate).
Read complete terms and conditions by downloading a PDF of Tire Rack's Tire Road Hazard Program Certificate.
- Tires are covered for 36 months from the date of purchase or until 2/32" or less of tread remains, whichever occurs first.
- Repairs are reimbursed up to $25 per tire per occurrence.
- During the first 12 months, you will be reimbursed for 100% of the original cost of the tire covered by the Tire Road Hazard Service Program, subject to the limitations set forth in the Program Certificate. Beyond the first 12 months, the reimbursable amount is calculated by a proration of elapsed time, not to exceed 36 months.
- The following tires are not eligible for the Tire Road Hazard Service Program:
- Competition tires
- LT Metric sized tires
- LT Flotation sized tires
- Trailer tires
- The following vehicles are not eligible for the Tire Road Hazard Service Program:
- Any emergency service vehicle.
- Any vehicle used for hire, commercial, towing, construction or postal service.
- Any vehicle used for farm, ranch, agriculture, or off-road use.
- Program is only available to customers living in the 48 contiguous States. Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories, APO/FPO, Canada and Mexico are excluded.
- Additional exclusions and limitations are described in the Program Certificate.
Tire Road Hazard Program Certificate (PDF)
Tire Rack's Tire Road Hazard Service Program is sold with new tires. Matching tires purchased with Road Hazard require one Road Hazard Service Program/Certificate per tire.
Also note -- If you did not purchase the Tire Road Hazard Service Program when you originally ordered your tires, you can do so within 14 days from original invoice date by contacting one of our sales specialists at 888-541-1777.