We all do a lot of driving. There are potholes everywhere, debris on the roads and plenty of obstacles to avoid. Properly maintained tires can generally handle the bumps and scrapes, but inevitably one unforeseen road hazard can leave you with a tire in need of repair or replacement.
Tire Rack supports the tire manufacturers' warranties for all of the tire brands that we sell. Those warranties apply to tires that become unusable for any reason within the tire manufacturer's control, typically covering materials and workmanship. However, those warranties do not apply to causes and conditions beyond the tire manufacturer's control, such as road hazards. Because of this, many drivers desire the additional security and peace of mind that Tire Road Hazard Protection provides.
Road hazard damage is damage that occurs when a tire fails as a result of a puncture, bruise or impact break incurred during the course of normal driving on a maintained road. Nails, glass and potholes are the most common examples of road hazards.
With Tire Rack's Tire Road Hazard Protection, your tire repair or replacement is reimbursed (to the extent and subject to the conditions, provided in the Protection Certificate).
Read complete terms and conditions by downloading a PDF of Tire Rack's Tire Road Hazard Protection Certificate.
- Tires are covered for 24 months from the date of purchase or until 2/32" or less of tread remains, whichever occurs first.
- Repairs are reimbursed up to $25 per tire per occurrence.
- During the 24 month benefit period, you will be reimbursed for 100% of the original cost of the tire covered by the Tire Road Hazard Protection, subject to the limitations set forth in the Protection Certificate.
- The following tires are not eligible for Tire Road Hazard Protection:
- Competition tires
- LT Metric sized tires
- LT Flotation sized tires
- Trailer tires
- The following vehicles are not eligible for Tire Road Hazard Protection:
- Any police or emergency service vehicle.
- Any vehicle used for hire, commercial towing, construction or postal service.
- Any vehicle used for farm, ranch, agriculture, or off-road use.
- Protection is only available to customers living in the 50 States. U.S. territories, APO/FPO, Canada and Mexico are excluded.
- Additional exclusions and limitations are described in the Protection Certificate.
Tire Road Hazard Protection Certificate (PDF)