Note: Proper tire care is necessary to obtain maximum service from a tire. It is your obligation to maintain your tire's proper cold inflation pressures as specified by your vehicle's manufacturer and inspect your tires periodically for damage that could be corrected before creating a condition that would cause the tire to be removed from service.
You will need to keep your original invoice from Tire Rack with your Tire Road Hazard Protection Certificate.
Your Protection ID Numbers are shown on your invoice and will be required when you submit a claim.
See Sample Invoice (PDF)
What You Must do to Make a Claim When an Eligible Tire is Damaged:
- If you have a tire that has been damaged due to a road hazard as defined here, go to a tire service facility to have your tire examined. If you are unable to locate a tire service facility, contact the Administrator at 855-623-0468 (toll free) for assistance.
- If the tire service facility determines that your tire is repairable, the tire service facility does not need to contact the Administrator for approval to repair the tire before replacing the tire. Have the tire repaired, and submit the required paperwork to the Administrator to receive reimbursement.
- If the tire service facility determines that the tire is not repairable, the tire service facility must contact the Administrator at 855-623-0468 (toll free) for prior authorization before replacing the tire. The Administrator will give you a claim reference number. You must obtain prior authorization and a claim reference number to replace the unserviceable tire or your claim may not be eligible for reimbursement.
- The Administrator will initiate your claim and verify Protection eligibility, review the damage to your tire with the tire service facility, pre-authorize your tire replacement, provide the eligible reimbursement amount, and will then connect you to a Tire Rack representative so that you can make arrangements to purchase a replacement tire.
- You must purchase the replacement tire or pay for the repair. You will be reimbursed for the repair and/or replacement as determined by the Administrator pursuant to the Flat Tire Repair and/or Tire Replacement Terms, once all required documentation has been submitted and approved.
- If you purchase the replacement tire from Tire Rack, once the replacement tire is shipped contact the Administrator at 855-623-0468 (toll free) and provide the order number for your new tire. The Administrator will verify your purchase electronically and complete the processing of your claim.
- If you do not purchase the replacement tire from Tire Rack, please see the Tire Rack Road Hazard Protection Certificate for further directions.
- The damaged tire must be made available for inspection if requested by the Administrator.
- All claim documentation, including the tire(s) if requested, must be submitted within 60 days of service in order for your claim to be considered for reimbursement.